Thread: Tumour removal.
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 11:00 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Tumour removal.

It does sound as though her behaviour after the vet trip was most likely just a stress reaction, they can react in different ways.
I’ve only had one ham with mobility issues & not really had to make adjustments for most of mine but I just kept the normal substrate & tried to keep everything more or less on one level or have gently rising levels of substrate to walk on rather than bendy bridges or anything that needed climbing, you may need to make more adjustments as time goes on, just keep an eye on how she’s managing & change things as & when you need to.
I think meloxicam is the same as metacam (not 100% sure though) if it is then it’s easy to give as they really seem to like the taste & it can easily be given on some soft food like baby food or porridge. Hamsters are very good at hiding signs of pain so it’s better to give it sooner rather than later if you think she may be in pain or discomfort.
It was a hard decision for you to have to make but I think you’re doing the right thing & what’s best for her, I hope she can continue to manage comfortably for some time yet.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote