Thread: Food for Robos
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 09:25 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Food for Robos

I would be very cautious about making your own food. It's not an easy process and requires very careful planning and calculations to get nutrients where they should be. Even when you have the macronutrients, such as protein, down you still have things like vitamin and mineral content to account for!

If someone really wants to make things for their hamsters, the safest option is sticking with treats. This won't lead to an imbalanced diet and can be very beneficial still depending on ingredients used.

Luckily Rodipet already has this figured out and takes that difficult process out of the equation. I would also caution people against thinking a DIY diet would be any less expensive than Rodipet - on the contrary it would cost significantly more money as you'd have to be purchasing a wide variety of ingredients, and especially for those with few hamsters this just isn't a viable cost effective solution.

According to their website Rodipet charge per order for shipping and it really doesn't seem that terrible for the UK in particular considering how infrequently you'd be ordering in the first place. I'll leave any further details to others though.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote