View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 09:19 AM  
Clare UK
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster ‘Bleeding’

Todays report so far...
One of her eyes seems to be stuck shut.
No sign of bleeding overnight in her bedding nor on her so far *fingers crossed*
Still active, eating, drinking etc just a little grumpy because I keep waking her to check on her everytime she squeaks.

Do you think maybe with a gunky eye as well tht she could be battling a cold or chest infection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Are her claws ok, if they get too long she could have caught one in her nose, even if not it’s possible she could have scratched herself.
I’ve never come across a spontaneous nose bleed in a hamster before so I’m really not sure what else it might be.
None of her claws look too long but It's possible she caught her face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite View Post
You say she was eating on both occasions when this happened. I wonder if she might be allergic or intolerant to something? Alternatively, if she spluttered / choked a little on something, that might have caused the sudden bleeding. As she has been checked by your vet and nothing has been found, perhaps just keep an eye on her for now and see if it happens again.
I haven't changed her food type for a long time (Bunny Dwarf HamsterDream base and a few extra bits mixed in) and she has had egg many times before without issue. Choking is possible I guess.
Clare UK is offline   Reply With Quote