Thread: Food for Robos
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 08:11 AM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Food for Robos

I use Harry hamster for my robo currently. I was worried about the size of the pieces but he manages just fine with the larger bits. after thinking though, in the wild, if they find a large piece of food, they chomp it into smaller bits and pouch it which is probably why Niko doesn't struggle with it.

Also Niko eats like a horse. Robos have a faster motabolism so it's not uncommon for them to eat the same quantity as their larger Syrian cousin within a certain amount of time. Both ghost and Niko get ~15g of food every 3 days. This is with added veggies, mealworms as well as a few extra seeds and sprays as HH its pellet heavy

Rodipet is expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. Same with getzoo. I've heard of mixerama (or something like that) but idk how good it is.

Alternatively you could do 50/50 mix of commercial mix and your own seed mix? I've thought about it but need to do more research. Im hoping to base it on foods found in their native environments like rodipet do.

Last edited by Engel; 10-11-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Engel is offline   Reply With Quote