View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 08:17 AM  
RolyRocks
Hamster Pup

Default *My new little dwarf*

Hi guys,

Firstly, I just wanted to thank you again for all the kind words you said about my beloved Roly and for all the help and advice you have given me since regarding dwarf hamsters.

Well guess what... I went to a pet shop with my Dad who wanted to buy some fish stuff and went off to look at the small animals with no intension of adopting one just yet. BUT... one of them really pulled at my heartstrings. A little 8 month old dwarf hamster arrived at the store just before lockdown in March meaning he couldn't be adopted. He had also been attacked by his siblings so had to be kept separate and receive treatment. They said he is so lovely and enjoys having his tummy tickled! I went home and just couldn't stop thinking about him, I just knew I had to rescue him. So I am now the very proud owner of a super adorable male dwarf. I couldn't bare to think he may end up living his whole little life at a pet shop and I know he's older, but I feel I can offer him a very loving and happy 'retirement' home.
I spent a few days getting the cage all ready before collecting him and he appears to have settled in really well. He absolutely loves his wheel which he didn't have at the store and enjoys munching on his whimzee.
I haven't yet named him and when he's completely settled I will try and get a photo. He's grey with patches on him, so very cute!
I have bought the Bunny Dream for Dwarfs food but am currently freezing it. He has been used to Beaphar Dwarf pellets but I will gradually try and change him across. The Bunny Dream has mealworms in it, are they ok to freeze? Also, roughly how much food should I put in his bowl daily, about a tablespoon? I have read they have fast metabolisms and can eat the same amount as Syrians, is this correct?
Thanks a lot.

*** Love and miss you always Roly ***

Last edited by RolyRocks; 10-10-2020 at 09:15 AM.
RolyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote