View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 03:50 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: The next step...

The rosewood naturals range are ok, I don’t think any of those have sugars in them, they haven’t all been popular with my Russians though, the mini sticks with cheese they like & one or two have liked the carrot & fennel ones, the shrimp cookies go down well too. You can also give things like sprays of millet & flax seeds to keep them busy & add a b it of enrichment.
None of mine have ever really bothered with things like willow or apple sticks although it’s worth a try.
All my Russians have been crazy for whimzees some Syrians & some Chinese aren’t so keen on them but I’ve never had a russian not love them!
Chew sticks etc aren’t essential for healthy teeth at all but just a nice extra bit of enrichment.
Monkey nuts are fine as an occasional treat & are usually liked by most, freeze dried chicken is good too, all my hams love that but how much or how often depends on how much protein is in your mix.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote