View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 06:35 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: How old can hamsters live till?

In some aspects I actually don't think how they are looked after does affect how long they live for. I say this because Star lived in an under bed storage box and was malnourished when she was rescued at about 18 months to 2 years old. I had her 5 days short of a year I think it was and the rescue had her for a while before me. She was at least 2.5 years old when she died if not 3.
Then out the same bunch of syrian hamsters that were rescued I also adopted Sunny and I only had her for a month and a half before she was put to sleep due to an inoperable tumour.
I have had 2 of my hamsters on long term medication for the last few months of their lives, so I guess you could argue that they could have died sooner if it wasn't for medication and me making sure they eat and drink and live a comfortable life towards the end
I'm not really sure that answers your question though. No one is going to be able to say how long your hamster can live for, but if she is looking fine and well now, then hopefully you will get to enjoy her for a lot longer.