View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 06:34 AM  
RolyRocks
Hamster Pup

Default The next step...

Hello
As some of you know, I very sadly lost my beautiful little Syrian boy Roly. He was such a special little guy and I miss him so much.
On Saturday I finally felt able to clean his cage out. I took it out the spare room and put it back into mine and I have to say cleaning his nest out was particularly hard. There were half eaten bits of his favourite foods and it felt so sad he will never get to finish them off. I do take some comfort in knowing he was in his nest when he passed, surrounded by his favourite treats, even a small piece of unfinished broccoli which he loved.
I have left the cage in my room and it now just looks so empty. His homemade wooded house, steps, and shelves just look so bare and I'm starting to feel that maybe it would help with the healing process to possibly look after another little guy and to see them enjoying everything that Roly once did.
I am not yet sure whether it would be too hard seeing another Syrian in his cage or whether when the time is right, maybe I could think about adopting a little dwarf hamster.
I have a Ferplast Criceti 15 cage which I know some of you feel is a little on the small side for a Syrian. I made sure it had lots of enrichment though and after a few tweaks and an amazing handmade house from my Dad, it felt like I had made a lovely little home for him.
I don't really know much about dwarfs, I did lots of research before getting Roly but I thought a great place to get some advice is on here, from people who have owned both Syrians and Dwarfs.
I loved everything about Roly, he was cheeky, loving and so gentle, a very special and unique little man. I will never forget you my sweetest Roly Poly xxx
RolyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote