View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 12:09 PM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Henry and Gordon

Wow, that is extortionate, I thought my vets was expensive!!!I don't get the price increase, they would be doing nothing different whether it was a referral or first time, did you ask what was included in the charge of £162????
My only thinking is if they were including an xray or a scan in that price.
How old is he Ria?
With Luna there was a lot of blood to start with but I got it under control for the most part, there were 2 bad cases in the months that it was mostly under control till when she died. She had an x-ray and ultrasound and they could see that something was wrong with her kidneys/liver but part of it could have been old age. I'm trying to think back, she was ok within herself I think I just let her have 10 mins at a time out of her cage. (I could be muddling her up with Star)

Star due to her age she was not x-rayed or scanned but had her on antibiotics and metacam, she would have been over 2 years old when all her problems started. Again, there were a couple of times I saw blood with her and I upped the anitibiotics (under vets supervision) then dropped it down again when all seemed ok.

I have no idea if me sharing this helps, what I am trying to say is, sometimes the bleeding is just a case that they have got old and their organs are starting to fail, so there is nothing much a vet can do.

I would maybe ring that new vets and ask what is included in that price or go back to your first vets but don't see the vet you saw the first time around.