View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 03:20 AM  
mrbagelsowner
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New member & hamster owner - advice welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Such a lucky Syrian hamster, he is the spitting image of my Polo with his markings. I agree with bedding depth, he will most definitely jump from that top shelf, they kind of hang suspended by their back legs then just plop! Lots of bedding and nothing he could land on so he just bounces, he will probably want to climb up too. Just observe him and see what he wants to do to make it more accessible for him. Not sure how the shelves are built but maybe sawing a little off each of the separate legs would make it more accessible and safe, you will know from watching him though.
How is he to touch and hold?
Aww, I can see yours in your PFP! They're twins Got some more bedding today and will be in the process of adding that in very soon That's a good idea about sawing them down a little; will be keeping an eye on him regardless. Thank you for the advice!

I haven't really handled him much yet and when I've put food in and my hand has been near, he's quite jumpy. Monday will be two weeks since I've had him, and he's already transfered from one cage to another so I want him to properly settle in his new home. Plus I'm away for a few days soon so maybe when I get back I'll start the taming process.

Although, would that still be too soon? I'm happy to give him another couple weeks if needs be. I really don't want to stress him out.
mrbagelsowner is offline   Reply With Quote