View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 12:37 AM  
MyHamsterAdventures
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Need advice- my hamster took a tumble and I'm worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Good advice from Amethyst . And yes it has happened to me. A good way to transport them is in a hamster ball. Carrying it basically. You can either lower the ball in the cage for them to hop into and then pop the lid on - or let them walk into a tube (with a treat at the far end, lift the tube out with your hands over the ends then put one end into the hamster ball (keep it ready next to the cage). They walk into the ball from the tube then pop the lid on. It’s a good way to carry them from room to room but then you have to take care not to drop the ball!
If he is still limping then I would take him to a vet (exotic vet). I think hamsters are tougher than we think but it still doesn't take much for them to have a serious injury. I have had a couple of moments where a hamster took a small tumble and your heart skips a beat as they fall. The relief when you find out they are fine is immense.

Use it as a learning experience and maybe change how your transport him, or use the mug still but hold it much lower. An empty and clean pringle tube is my choice whilst putting the palm of my hand over the open side of the tube. Gives me a good excuse to keep buying them too

Fingers crossed everything is fine with him and try not to beat yourself up too much.