View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 06:25 AM  
gettons_1980
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Dwarf hamsters and water consumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Yes, i would because Russian dwarf hamsters are prone to diabetes but first of all i would check for more obvious reasons.
Is the bottle leaking water? Is the substrate or whatever is immediately below the bottle damp? You could try a new bottle to see if it makes a difference.
If not then i would get some keto sticks from Amazon and test the hamster's urine for glucose.

Hi Ria,

thanks for the quick response. That's what I was I was worried about.

Of the two, the one that currently drinks more is significanlty bigger than the other one I must admit.

In the past it was the other way round. I think the one being bullied (which is now bigger) was unable to eat properly and in fact was smaller. And the one which is now smaller was bigger.

In terms of food: I feed them with this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Witte-Molen...G878PGPQ7MGand complement with 1 unit of either vegetables or fruit (carrots, spinach, sunflower, apple, salad, cheese) on a daily basis.

Also, with regards of the keto test strips I have no idea what that is but as long as I can get it without prescription I will find a way to obtain it.
gettons_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote