View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:08 PM  
Rashy
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Dwarf 2 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I so totally understand understand your dilemma because i feel the same way and try to do something about it. It may be an option for you too.

I check the hamster sections of adverts and pick up small hamster cages that are free or cost very little then smash them up and take them to the recycle centre. That way i make sure that no hamster ever has to live in it again.

I buy good sized hamster cages and good hamster wheels etc advertised at a bargain price, clean them up and store them in my greenhouse (who needs plants that never grow anyway).

I pick up hamsters in small cages that are often given away for free and rehome them in a good sized cage.

I then advertise the hamster available for adoption and i charge a fee which enables me to buy more cages etc.

The difficult part is to find a suitable forever home because the majority of people who want to adopt have different ideas about hamster keeping from me so i end up turning them down.

I ask trick questions like "do you have a hamster ball" for example. If the answer is yes then its the end of the conversation because no hamster in my care will go to someone who thinks that a hamster ball is ok.

What surprised me is the generosity of people when i explain why i try to knock the price down and end up walking away with the items for free because they chose to donate them.

I've only done this for a short time and have so far successfully rehomed one hamster, the second one i kept because i got a free Hamster Haven the same time he arrived and he made himself at home and the third one is up for adoption now.

Give it a go, worst case scenario is that you can't find a good forever home and end up keeping the hamster.
I have picked up several hamsters and put them up for adoption. But most people do want money for the hamster, and I cant buy it. The hamster who are 2 years old is for free, but I found one who is stressed out because of the small cage. Pr now we have 3 there are from advertising.

Good homes are hard to find, and most people dont reply if I ask if they have had hamster before or something like that. I dont drive a car either so I have to pay other people to pick the hamster up for me.
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote