View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 05:29 PM  
tehrinny
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hello there! I'm new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P
Hello and welcome to HC!

I love your Avatar. Now you need to design a hamster one.
Thanks! Before the pandemic, I did pet art at some pet stores as well as different events. This was one of the pieces I did for it (a friend, one of the store managers bunnies). But I don't have any hamster art yet. I'm waiting to get mine before I do it.

I'll keep that in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHamsterAdventures
Hello tehrinny and welcome to the forum.
Hello and thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker
My advice would be to find an exotics vet before you need one (hopefully you never will) and also to research where you will get your hamster, personally I would avoid the ‘pet shops’ and look for a young hamster in a rescue, or ethical breader for your hamster,
I actually called around and there's a local exotic vet within a 10 minute drive. I'm about 30-40 minutes away from a reputable ethical breeder (on the CHA list) so I'll be going with them. I'm a little worried about adoption. Normally, I'd go to a shelter for any pet, but hammies can have so many health issues due to backyard breeders or rodent mills. I feel safer about owning one with healthier genetics, at least for my first one. Once I feel more comfortable, I might consider adoption.
tehrinny is offline   Reply With Quote