Thread: Multivitamins
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 06:17 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Multivitamins

Hello. I don’t know if those either but I don’t think hamsters need added vitamins if they have the correct diet and they also need to process the form of vitamin . Most multivitamins are to put in their water and that can cause them to stop drinking if they suspect the water taste.

But as you say you’re having difficulty finding the right diet just now. Can you access linseeds and hemp seeds? You should get virtually all the vitamins needed from these. Linseeds in particular work wonders for hair loss. I give a pinch each day on a separate dish and they get licked up. Bald patches can grow back completely within a few weeks. It is always assumed it is mites but there are other reasons for fur loss. Diet is one (if something is lacking) but they can also have a bit of a moult in hot weather.

When the Harry Hamster arrives that contains everything needed but you can still supplement with linseeds and hemp seeds.

I have twice had hamster hair grow back nice and thick just supplementing with linseeds and not only that it is lovely and thick and glossy!

Providing she is well enough in herself I would try linseeds and hemp seeds rather than multivitamins. A pinch of each on a separate dish (I put them in separate places on the dish as some days they will be more keen on one than the other).

Hemp seeds are supposed to contain all vitamins and minerals. Linseeds are more the oil vitamins like vitamin E.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote