View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 01:54 PM  
Benefitsben
Hamster Pup

Question How to stop a hamster chewing on cage?

My boy is in a plastic bin after he kept chewing the bars of his barred cage, but now he's started biting the plastic on his bin cage. He's only done it today I think, but I've only come back from holiday this week so he may have been doing it previously this month. On his cage there are wheels, and around the wheels are bits where the plastic goes up to accommodate them, and this is where he's chewing. The whole cag eis fairly thick plastic, but if he keeps doing it he might bite through it. He has plenty of chew toys (a loofah chew, a wood stick chew, and a wood ball chew) and a whimzee, but he chews the plastic. The only place he chews (as of yet) is where his food store is so it might be because it smells of his food but idk. What do yall reckon I should do about this, and what should I do if he gets through the plastic? I can't use his old cage as a temporary home as he will chew the bars, and I never sleep and get super stressed when he does it. Any advice would be great, than you :)
Benefitsben is offline   Reply With Quote