Thread: 5 week progress
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 04:01 PM  
Ang2020
Newborn Pup

Default 5 week progress

Hi all,

Jusy wanted to give an update on week 5 with my new syrian. She has come on so well since I first got her. She would run away when she saw me and even screamed when I first tried to interact with her.

Over the past five weeks (apart from the first week when I left her alone) I've had her in a play pen for approx 20 mins every night. She started taking treats from my hand and now is fine with taking seed mix off my palm with her two front paws on me. She won't put all four paws on me yet and she still jumps over my hands rather than walk across them.

I'm not sure she likes her play pen. It's large and I put all sorts of tubes and hides in there but she is constantly scratching and chewing to get out and ignores the toys.

Tonight I had her on the carpet and used my legs as a sort of barrier and when she tried to climb over my legs, I was able to pick her up in my hand and have her run through my hands a couple of times.

I'm very pleased with the session tonight and it's given me some more hope that I will be able to tame her. I was getting worried she was too nervous. I think she will always be jumpy but fingers crossed in another five weeks things would have improved even more.

Thanks for reading.
Ang2020 is offline   Reply With Quote