Thread: Hair loss
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 06:35 PM  
Engel
Hamster Addict

Default Hair loss

Hi, hope everyone is well. I haven't been on for a while as I've been busy trying to figure out whats going on with Ghost.

He's got a bald spot...well more of a large patch and I don't know what is causing it but it is something which has gradually happened over months rather than days or weeks.

His skin isn't sore or scaly. Not itchy and doesn't bother him. He's been treated for mites and lice just in case. I've given him flaxseeds, mealworms, shrimp and coconut oil to see if that helps too. I've applied coconut oil to the area for moisture and add a barrier again as a just in case and also to take this photo hence why it looks wet. He's so fluffy. So much so that if I hadn't put the oil on you'd hardly see the bald spot.

He's eating and drinking normal. Poop is normal colour, consistency and frequency, same as urine. He's fine in himself. Still digs and burrows, run on his wheel etc.

He's currently in the Alaska. I have uploaded him to the plaza but didn't change anything. I also removed all bedding and disinfected everything. I've tried changing bedding (from paper to wood based). It hasn't cha bed a thing.

No smellies been used, haven't even changed washing powder! I've even got an air purifier to see if it helps.

But the thing that's baffled me the most is that it's just healthy skin. No irritation, inflammation, sores or crustiness. It's just one side in a place I know he grooms easily. Is this just a case of barbering? Any ideas on what can cause it? Or how I can fix it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200824_021305553.jpg (2.87 MB, 32 views)