View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 11:16 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Skyline Small Pet Terrarium Marrakesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Edwina has a similar glass dish sand bath on a platform (Ferplast guinea pig house) and it is absolutely fine.

Is it the grapevine that is unsupported and you're asking about? I've never had one of those so have no idea how heavy or light they are.

The set up looks beautiful and very inviting. I want to be a hamster in your house.
Thanks Ria, I will maybe leave it and see how it goes.

Yes, I did mean the grapevine, I had a mental block as to what it was called, so I called it log!!! They are heavy, but it is supported on two parts. I guess I will just observe.

Syrians just seem so more solid I just can't imagine how light and small a little hamster is going to feel in comparison, I'm just worried something is going to squash them. I have never even held one. I held a Chinese hamster about 35 years ago, other than that it's just been syrians!!!! I thought Star was tiny, no one could ever tell how small she was, but she was so small, it was a shock when she arrived as I had only seen photos of her and you couldn't tell.

I'm probably being over cautious as this poor girl on instagram just had to have her dwarf put to sleep as it got stuck in a window on one of those wooden houses (the type that they put a wooden cross in it). I have something similar for my syrians and they are fine as they can barely get their nose through the hole. I would never have thought about it being a danger for a smaller hamster. Just so sad.