View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 05:36 PM  
sarahhhh
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My hammy has a tumour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Dunn View Post
Dear Sarahhhh I have had tears streaming down my face reading these posts. You are so hard on yourself! You have done an amazing thing adopting your ham and letting her just be. She looks gorgeous and she will know that you are caring for her and love her. Her behaviour will be a product of her former experiences and also how she is feeling now. The decision as to whether to operate or let nature take its course (whilst she has some quality of life) is yours to take in consultation with the vet. We have had to have similar discussions about our 19 month old dwarf ham boo who has a tumour and we have decided to not operate and just keep him has happy and comfortable as we can. That is not to say that is the right decision for another ham in a similar situation. We are closely monitoring him and will see how it goes. Do keep us all posted as to how things go tomorrow and remember to be kind to yourself. X ps Your boyfriend sounds a keeper by the way!
Thank you so so much, I'm sorry I made you cry. I'm sorry about Boo but I'm sure you know in your heart you've made the right decision. I just keep thinking of how she's feeling and it sends me into over-drive.
But tonight she has had a BUFFET; she's had meal worms, sunflower seeds, peanuts and dried herbs! More than she should but I'm spoiling her because she's not well. I just spent a good 2 hours just sat next to her cage whilst she does her hamstering. I'm praying all goes well tomorrow.
Thank you again for your kindness, I'm sure you know exactly how I'm feeling. I really appreciate your sympathy and support.
And my boyfriend is a keeper! He loves my animals as much as I do and will do anything to make sure they're ok and that I'm happy. He spends hours helping me move flies out of the house because I hate refuse to kill anything, hes the best!
I'll post as soon as I return from the vets tomorrow, thank you again x
sarahhhh is offline   Reply With Quote