View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 12:31 PM  
Stella Maris
Hamster Pup

Default Oreo didn't die! (Yet.)

In March, my Campbell's dwarf, Oreo, was looking hourglass shaped. Downright emaciated. He wasn't eating his block, and I tried the healthiest looking pet store food, but he wasn't interested.
Since he was 1 3/4 years, I thought it was probably his time to shuffle off to hammie heaven. Still, I tried giving him nuts and seeds, veggies, and baby food, all of which he ate with alacrity. I didn't know how to balance a ham diet from scratch, but figured at least he'd enjoy eating some treats during his senescence.
Then I found a German (I think) brand in a local pet shop, and he loves it! He's gained back some weight! Went from looking like a furry hourglass to looking like his normal self - a hockey puck!
He still weighs less than in his prime, and is a little less active, but he's doing ok, and passed his second birthday last week! Yay!

In March, when I thought he was on his way out, I got "Bean" the emergency back-up hamster. Here's Oreo with furry feet and a broccoli, and a pic of "the boys" having breakfast together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Oreofur.jpeg (75.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpeg HamBrkfst.jpeg (158.8 KB, 21 views)
Stella Maris is offline   Reply With Quote