View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 11:19 AM  
Amethyst_ice

Default Ninja Mod "re" introduction & Boromir memorial

Hey all!

Ninja mod here! Have been on this forum, wow, 10 years! Have made many lifelong friends, some remain online, some I've met and some have become like family (hamily!)

I tend to linger rather than post but when I do start posting find myself repeating quite a lot so little update.

Personal life..had some bad relationships but stronger from them. Staying spinster lady for a while!

Have lost my jobs working in education & museums thanks to covid so a lady of leisure at present.

Big life exciting news though, I bought my first house...a week after lockdown! downsized from my mouldy, dark, overpriced rental I was in for 10 years.. it's a 2 bed modern terrace in a "posh" private cul-de-sac... im the youngest here, most are retired but lovely and friendly. It's a very green area with lots of large trees (one of those protected tree schemes) and only 20 minutes from city centre and 10 minutes from my last place... but no noisy students!

Has been hard to get most things with lockdown like broadband and whitegoods but I have started spray painting lots of old furniture and getting crafty with what I already had and best of all, I have a garden! Ive become quite the bird watcher and even have a little pond (that needs cleaning!). It's been wonderful and scary at same time as Ive been shielding so haven't had any new house parties or even my family come visit. But making the best of it. I have several squirrel that like to come trash my bird feeders but I look forward to their visits. Slowly starting out with gardening, though I don't find it very relaxing like most people tend to!

I continue to focus more on rats in my pet keeping, I currently have 5. I do still have Boromir hamster who some of you may remember

Boromir: The elusive hamchild (Decisions! Who to welcome home)

He remains quite a shy fellow but he is coming out a bit more and getting a little bit of a diva, I find him sat at the door at 3am expecting to come out chewing at the bars! His fur is like velvet and he doesn't have any muscle wasting...can't believe he is 2 and a half! He will let me smoosh him and cuddle but he isn't really a fan of it..ive come to love him in his special way..his nails started to curl but ive developed a rather intricate way to cut them and am quite proud of myself! He sleeps lots but the fresh veggies are always gone by morning so I know he's ok! He doesn't chew anything and doesn't like anything being changed in his cage.. I feel guilty at times I don't get him out much or put lots of new things in but he isn't bothered and seems quite a happy chappy! He'll probably be my last hammy but I still love the fluff butts!

So that's me! I'm trying to catch up who is around and who is new,

Hope everyone is well, keep safe x

He always looks grumpy!
Boromir.jpg

Boromir2.jpg

Boromir3.jpg