View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 03:00 PM  
viveka

Question Appropriate Cage Location?

Hi everyone!! I'm new to the forum. 👋🏻 Now I currently don't own a hamster, but I am planning to get one in the next month or so. Once I do, here is my cage setup. (And I have a few questions about the setup in question.) So I want an IKEA Detolf! I have an empty IKEA Kallax in my basement where I hear it sits perfectly on top. But here is the thing. It's a basement, so there is minimal natural lighting. I'm not sure about the circumstances with hamsters and natural lighting, but I assume they need quite a bit? We have a large window down there but it's on the opposite side of the Kallax. So there's that. But there is more. Right next to where the Detolf would sit is my dad's vinyl collection. He doesn't play his vinyls often but when he does it's loud. When he does, I'm assuming that would bother the hammy. Because of this, I'm totally fine with bringing the hammy out to the bathtub or a playpen when my dad is playing his vinyl. And don't worry, he rarely plays his vinyl during the daytime so I wouldn't be interrupting the hammy's sleep. Sorry for this being a lengthy post, just one last thing. We have a television in the basement my mother uses basically everyday. This is not nearly as loud as the record player, but I'm wondering if this will bother the hammy? She also only watches television at night (when the hammy would be awake of course.) So yeah! I'm just wondering if this is too many possible issues and I should try putting the potential cage somewhere else in my house. Totally fine if I should, I want y'alls honesty. 🤗😊 Also, this is also my first time getting a hamster. But I did have a hedgehog who had her cage in our basement and she adjusted fine, RIP Lemon.
viveka is offline   Reply With Quote