Thread: Pickle's Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 02:12 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Pickle's Thread

Well I certainly fell for that hamster but no once he was gone (shortly followed by the bf) life got busy. So no more hamsters until about 25 years later when stepson was 6 and we got one for him after looking in the local pet shop and Charlie came nose to nose with stepson and seemed to want to come home with us. I remembered Hammy (yes the first one had such an unoriginal name!) and promptly bought a 3 tier rotostak again but with added yellow tubes and a space dome. Within two weeks realised the cage was unsuitable (he got stuck in some tubes, bar chewed and had cage aggression) went onto google , bought an 80 x 50 cage and found HC. Within a month I had absolutely fallen in love with Charlie who was like my baby . Despite being a grumpy old man at times. He was very much a full member of the family. So that’s when I got hooked really. Charlie lived to 2 years 8 months. Followed by Newt (Syrian) and Nugget (Robo) who both passed within a few months of each other last year. Then got Moo from a rescue at a year old and Pickle last autumn.

Charlie was stepsons Hamster but sort of became mine as well (well somebody had to look after him!)

All our hamsters are part of the family really though and always look happy to me when there is a sofa full of people to crawl over. Newt in particular always perked up when stepson was here and the others perk up at the sound of a younger voice - I think they like children . Although younger children need to be supervised. At 12 stepson is more into making jokes about killing things . But he still likes a hamster crawling over him and was very concerned when Pickle went awol overnight .

Last edited by Pebbles82; 08-05-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote