View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 03:59 AM  
oxBlazingWolfxo
Newborn Pup

Question Need a new wheel, suggestions?

Hello there!

So in 2018, I bought an 8inch Wodent Wheel from Rodipet for my Dwarf hamster. It was all well and good, but then I had to have her PTS last year, so it sat unused for a while.

I gave it a good clean for when I would get a new hammy, but noticed it was stiff to spin. I tried wrapping the bar with Teflon tape like I saw suggested here, but it didn't seem to help. Eventually I took the front washer off, and that seemed to do the trick.

Well, I got a new hamster on Saturday, and the wheel seemed to do perfectly. Until last night. It was giving off a sort of loud whirring noise (though nothing was touching it), and was a bit rattly too. The cage is in our bedroom, so it's not really ideal.

I tried looking on Rodipet again since I knew you could buy replacement parts, but it seems they've discontinued it? So I'm looking to buy a new wheel. I've seen plenty of recommendations, but all of them have some conflicting reviews, and I'm worried about spending a lot on a wheel for it to turn out to be rubbish. So, what wheels have you had luck with?

Thank you in advance!
oxBlazingWolfxo is offline   Reply With Quote