View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 02:40 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Impossible Situation. Advice?

Reading all this it sounds like she wants to keep him herself rather than let him belong to anyone else. So she may be feeling a bit possessive about him. And to her, if he stays with her parents then he is still hers and in her home and she can still own him and see him when she wants. So it could actually spoil the friendship if you did have him if she is reluctant to give up ownership and could cause some jealousy and resentment.

It is difficult but it’s her hamster and her parents may look after him well. And enjoy his antics. Robos are often happy to be watch don’t handle pets. And it least he’d remain in the same house.

I agree that it is better if he has regular interaction and the love of an owner. And he may pine a bit when she moves out if he is used to her. So maybe suggest that to her - say Dipper may pine for her if she’s not there so maybe adjust the change gradually and familiarise him with her parents - ie taking it in turns to feed him for a while and her teaching then what he likes.

It’s not ideal I know. But I can see why she might feel reluctant to think he would bond with a new owner - especially a friend - hence possible jealousy. However that is a bit selfish and not thinking about the hamster‘a needs - but sometimes people’s feelings get in the way.

I don’t understand why she can’t just take Dipper with her and share him with her bf.

So when you see her I would say - Dipper is yours. I would love to have him but he is your hamster. But I think he will pine for you if you leave him there. I’d suggest you try and make space to take him with you.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote