View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 10:32 PM  
Presley524
Hamster Pup

Default Impossible Situation. Advice?

So, a little bit ago I posted about how my friend wasn’t taking very good care of her hamster and now it’s gotten worse. She’s moving in with her boyfriend soon and can’t take Dipper (her robo) and she mentioned giving him to me, but then said she didn’t want me to have too many hamsters since I already have two. I told her I would make room for him, but now she’s decided She’s going to leave him at her parents house and once a week go check on him. (Her parents won’t care for him since they didn’t want her getting Dipper in the first place). I’m trying to convince her that even though he doesn’t really like humans and prefers to be alone she still can’t leave him for a week. To her, it’s just a small pet and nothing more and calls me a crazy hamster lady (maybe I am), but I feel like it’s still a life that deserves better. I’m really not sure what to do here. At first I thought she was just uninformed and truly didn’t know better, but now I’m pretty sure it’s just plain neglect at this point. I talked to my mom about it and she thinks I’m crazy considering possibly ruining a very long friendship over a hamster, but I feel it’s necessary. I’m at a loss about what to do. I’m thinking about being blunt with her about how it’s wrong but in a nicer way. I obviously don’t want to ruin our friendship, but I don’t know. I don’t even mind if she doesn’t want to give him to me, but I really feel like it would be better to rehome him and am not sure what to say.

Sorry if this post is a mess. I just wanted to talk it over so any advice would truly be appreciated. It’s a really bad situation that’s stressing me out. I’m not a very confrontational person so I’m at a loss.
Presley524 is offline   Reply With Quote