Thread: Meet Mabel!
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 07:38 AM  
heyheyitsaimee
Newborn Pup

Default Meet Mabel!

Hello everyone!
I've had Mabel for 2 weeks today and now that she is more confident and active, I've managed to get some decent pictures. The first is her waiting for more treats and the second and third were taken today, as she was stuffing her cheeks with bedding and toilet paper to take back to her nest. I can't believe how much she's grown in just 2 weeks!

I'm so pleased with how she is doing. For the first week or so, she was occasionally chewing bars and bar climbing, but after a few adjustments to her cage as suggested by other members on this website, that has all stopped! She seems a lot more relaxed and happier, and is even starting to take interest in her toys and chews - finally!

She is happy to take food from my fingers and palm of my hand, and can often be found staring at me from her cage in the wee hours, which seems to be her way of asking for treats. She allows me to stroke her, and today in our first bathtub bonding session I was able to briefly pick her up. She then gave me a little nip but it wasn't at all aggressive of painful, I was feeding her from my palm so my hand inevitably smelt like her food. Any ideas to weaken the association between my hand and food to stop the nipping?

Does anyone have any idea of what colour she is? I've been searching for days but can't seem to figure it out, and I keep changing my mind on whether she is long haired or just very fluffy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200716_025728.jpg (3.69 MB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Snapchat-227121183.jpg (222.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Snapchat-1103164829.jpg (206.3 KB, 38 views)
heyheyitsaimee is offline   Reply With Quote