View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 10:56 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Howdy! Future hamster owner (but not a newbie to hamsters)

Wow, you have done your research. I love the visual you have done for your kids, that is brilliant.
I was just wondering what country you were in as I think there is better food than what you listed unless you are in a country such as USA where I believe it is hard to get decent hamster food. I only ask as sometimes videos/blogs suggest these things but it is because there is not a better alternative in that country.

Kaytee clean and cosy is fine to use, lots of people on here use it or have used it in the past. I have just tried it for the first time and was really impressed how soft it was that I ordered another bag, the 2nd bag turned up and for some reason wasn't quite as soft, still useable though.

I normally use megazorb or aubiose -obtainable if you are in the UK. These come in huge bags, so need somewhere to store them but work out cheaper than Kaytee clean and cosy, especially if you have an equestrian shop near where you live and you don't have to pay postage. A lot of people also use fitch.

Like Amtiyville says lots of people have issues with their hamsters sleeping and peeing in the tunnels on top of that particular cage you have purchased, so you can see how things go, but you may need to remove them. Just something to be aware of.

Welcome to the forum and if we can help with anything else just ask I am sure someone will come and help, it is always very exciting welcoming a new hamster into the family.

Enjoy the camping trip.