View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 02:21 PM  
kattsy
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Bugs in my hamsters cage! help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
You get them in flour as well. We used to eat them baked in the cakes lol. My grandma just accepted weavils in flour.

It is quite gross when you get loads. When I had to disinfect my cage after I found it was crawling with moths (under the substrate) I phoned the vet and they said use beaphar for small animals as that’s what they use when they do a deep clean.

I took the cage base up to the bathroom and put it in the bath and squirted it all over with beaphar left it on for a few minutes and wiped it in all over. Then showered it off in the bath - that should rinse off any stragglers if they haven’t been killed or drowned.

Then left the base outside to air then did the same bath/shower treatment with the bars.
She has a big glass tank (i attached an image) , so i can't really carry it to the bath, its super heavy and i think too big for the bath haha. I do have a special disinfector for small animal cages that i got at the pet store, i plan on washing it with soapy water ,whiping in down, then spraying it all with the disinfector, hopefully that helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2098.jpg (474.1 KB, 10 views)
kattsy is offline   Reply With Quote