Thread: Bar biting
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 03:00 PM  
Benefitsben
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Bar biting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Yes it's probably better to move him with his current cage to your grandparents. He might be fine. In my case he was in a room with other hamsters and that might have been what started the bar chewing (copying?!). Even if they stay in the same place it's different as they're aware the person is different. So whatever is easiest. You'd need to put him in a pet carrier to move himto the other house and dismantle the cage. I bagged upall the bedding and toys and took water and food out and then just assembled it all at the other house and popped him in. At least then he has his familiar cage and toys - but try and make sure to put everything back in the same place as it was before so he feels at home.
What I normally do is just leave everything in the cage except the water and the hamster, so I don't mess up his burrows, and if anything falls over on the way there I'll sort it out before wi put him in there. At least that's what I did with my last hamster. My nan liklves like a 2 min drive away so it's pretty rare for the cage to get super messed up lol
Benefitsben is offline   Reply With Quote