View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 03:12 AM  
Petite
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Hamster Wakes up too late to tame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyham View Post
Thanks to both of you. She still doesn't wake up until very late in the night. I have tried the tissue trick and I have talked to her while she's "asleep." I think she's doing better? I really can't tell because I never find her awake. I don't want to keep waiting to tame her. It's almost been 2 weeks now but she's just never up. Sometimes I wonder if she even gets up at night other than for food and water. Cause I can tell that she hasn't used her wheel, and I wonder if she's used any of her other toys.
She sounds very nervous. Had you thought of putting a few treats in her cage in / on her toys and in the wheel? Or perhaps scatter feeding her would encourage her to explore the cage more. Sometimes hamsters are tempted out if you turn the lights off in the room she's in. When I brought my current hammy home, the only way I could see her at all was by getting up at odd times in the night (quite easy for insomniac me!) but she does come out more now, although it's still quite late. It's still early days, so bear with it, and please do keep us updated; we'd like to hear how she goes on.
Petite is offline   Reply With Quote