View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 06:24 PM  
Crovax
Newborn Pup

Default Hamster gaining massive weight in last 2.5 months

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have had many hamsters in the past, most of them pass away from tumours.

This time, my hamster has gained an enormous amount of weight in the last 2.5 months or so. It is even around his stomach so I'm sure it is not a tumour. His poop and peeing are normal. He is around two years old now.

He is so big in fact that recently, he has having difficulties walking because of his big belly. He is bored of the wheel and ball. I even built him a bigger cage but his excitement for that only lasted a couple days.

I put him on a diet but it seems that it is not helping at all. His diet consists of some commercial food but also a big portion of veggies including lettuce, and broccoli.

He has never had a lot of energy. I would let him explore around the room and he would eventually find an area and fall asleep. It's worse now as he is old. If he finds a blanket while exploring, he will make it into his nest and fall asleep.

Pictures are attached.

Any advice would be helpful!

PS. As I was typing this, I had my hamster free to roam on the table. He found the blanket, made a nest out of it then fell asleep...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3154.jpg (254.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3153.jpg (219.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3152.jpg (548.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3155.jpg (1.21 MB, 19 views)
Crovax is offline   Reply With Quote