Thread: Foster hamsters
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 12:02 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Foster hamsters

The adoption centres of local petshops are overrun with Robos. There were five of them in one shop and i watched one poor soul trying to burrow in half an inch of woodchips with only a dirty flying saucer in the small tank. He has spent his whole life in there and was estimated to be 8 mths to a year old. Up for adoption since February and then the lockdown happened.
Guess what, i took him home and set him up in a bin cage. Not the biggest cage i've ever made but it has two wheels, a 6in Carefresh burrowing area, a sand bath and toys.
Plan is to have him adopted to a suitable forever home with all his new belongings plus a matching transport box.
I advertised him but people who wanted to adopt weren't suitable so i took him off that site and tried a more specific site.
Not sure what's happening, maybe i'm starting a Ria's Robo Retreat or maybe i'm just unable to walk past a hamster in need when i have an empty cage at home.
See what pans out but Freddie must be happier here than in the petshop adoption. He loves his wheels, runs like mad for ages then has a one minute rest where he lies on the wheel flat as a pancake with the face almost in the substrate then starts all over again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20200623-WA0013.jpg (148.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 20200627_161709.jpg (2.56 MB, 36 views)
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote