View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 11:50 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Honest advice needed

Hello I think these are very strange times and difficult circumstances and my view on what you've said is - a hamster from a pet shop still needs a home right now - they don't live very long. You could maybe have a look in the adoption centre as those hamsters need rehoming the most x

I completely understand what you say about not wanting to support pet shops and possible bad breeding practices. But I think it's reasonable to compromise here with the current situation. Travelling long distance isn't particularly safe for you right now. And I also feel the need for another hamster after losing one - it helps you move on.

When I have been in this situation there never seem to be any rehoming options when I look - I think places like Gumtree are still very quiet. I travelled a long way just to adopt a hamster from a rescue last year as there was nothing close to me - but that was when the world was normal!

Assume you have a large pet store like Pets at Home nearby, and they do have an adoption section - go and get yourself a hamster - you will give them a good home x
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote