Thread: Chewing toy
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 08:07 AM  
Nakuzo
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Chewing toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I had a look at your other threads and people did reply to request for help with your biting hamster.
I don't know why your hamster bites you. If he bites you when your hand is in his cage he's territorial or simply doesn't like hands in his cage and then its better to get him out in a mug.
Does he also bite you when he's out of his cage providing that he wanted to come out of his cage?
I've seen photos of his cage and its a very nice, good sized habitat so i don't think the cause of the biting is environmental.
Were you able to handle Oscar easily before he started to bite?
I had a hamster i was never able to handle properly because he'd bite soon as a finger was within his reach.
People did reply, but none of the suggestions solved the problem. I should have explained it better. To briefly answer your questions:

Yes, he does bite me when he is out of his cage, he pretty much bites me (until I bleed) every time he can (except if I have food in my hand).

Yes, I could handle him easily. Up to a month ago he never bit me and I could handle him and play with him freely.

The only thing I changed when the biting started was his bedding. I did switch back but the problem still persists.
Nakuzo is offline   Reply With Quote