View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 12:29 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Ozzy the Lucky Dip hamster

Ozzy's main cage was getting a bit miffy so i did some cleaning and added a splash of colour ( for me) while he was asleep in the house in the connecting playcage.
He got up a couple of hours later, walked through the short tube and had a thourough sniff around his cage, had a drink from the bowl, ate some seeds, nibbled some millets and went back to his bed in his playcage house then got up again five minutes later.
Ozzy is still shy unless i'm mistaken and he simply has a placid, reserved nature because he didn't seem stressed or frantic after his first cage clean.
He has the same fluffy type of coat Percy had and now he's climbed into Percy's lookout! First time i've seen him doing that. The lookout is a plastic tub i fixed up near the ceiling of the playbin cage which can be accessed via a ramp leading onto a platform (cut to size from Henry's Alaska cage) and our late Percy used to sit in there a lot or peek over the edge of the cage from it when the lid was off.
I put some Kaytee in it earlier and now Ozzy has made it into a bed. They do sleep in unusual places sometimes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200620_194833.jpg (2.19 MB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20200620_194614.jpg (2.21 MB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20200620_172825.jpg (2.55 MB, 26 views)
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote