View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 04:19 PM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Quick Robo questions

So the last few months I’ve been looking into getting a second hamster and about a week before lockdown, I was going to adopt another Russian hybrid until I found out he had continuous health problems that I wouldn’t have been able to deal with. Then pets at home stopped doing animal adoptions and I dropped the idea of a second hamster.

However, today I visited my local Pets At Home again and discovered they have a little Roborovski in the adoption centre who’s been there since March. I’ve always wanted to have a little Robo and so I’ve spoken to my dad about it and he’s agreed that we can adopt him on a few conditions. I just had a few questions I wanted answering before I decide whether to adopt him or not.

The main issue is the hamster cage. Currently, I have an empty Ikea Billy cage and I just want to check that would be okay to house a single Robo in, in terms of space and the little gap at the top of the cage. Secondly, if by any chance my Savic Plaza ends up being empty, is the bar spacing on that okay or is it too wide?

Thirdly, I feed Artie a custom dwarf hamster mix, would this be okay as well for a Robo? There’s no particularly big pieces in the mix (unless you count peanuts and whole pumpkin seeds).

Fourthly, with the exception of robos being much smaller and less tame, is there anything that would differ in their care from a Russian hybrid?

Thank you!