Thread: Help please
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 06:35 AM  
AthenaFury
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Help please

Hi everyone so not too long ago i posted that i was going to adopt a little robo, ive now had her for 4 days and i need some advice.

so i obviously left her completely undisturbed for 2 days and on the 3rd day kind of too but i stayed in the room waiting to see if she would come out. The first 2 days as expected she didnt come out until we had gone to bed, there was evidence that she had eaten some food and been in the sand bath.

the third night i stayed up wanting to see her, and she didnt wake up until 2 am in the morning, i saw her walking around enclosure and searching for food it was great, i moved my foot slightly to adjust my sitting position, which startled her so she ran back to her hideout. i thought fair enough and i left the room to go to bed, next morning saw that she had definitely been running about during the night.

So obviously i would like her to get used to me and start taming her little by little but my worry is :

1. she doesnt come out during the day at all (i know they are generally nocturnal but she literally doesnt stir at all not to drink or anything )

2. she wakes up ridiculously late 2/3 am,

3. when she even sees me or i move or anything she flys into the house i doesnt come out until i leave, i know this because ive literally sat quietly for a solid 2 hours waiting to see if she will come out again.

so can anyone advise me, how can i get her less timid of me being in the room, like she nowhere near ready for me start offering her treats or anything like that so cant even use food as an incentive can i ? and is it even possible to tame a hamster this skittish and shy ?
AthenaFury is offline   Reply With Quote