View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 12:40 PM  
ckristen
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Aquamate Sealant on wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB_Hamsters View Post
Aquarium sealant is used to glue glass sheets together to make aquariums although with wood unsure how strong the bond would be. I wouldn’t reinforce anything for hamsters with nails/screws just incase they chew on them.

PVA is in fact a wood glue - it best to use clamps to hold the wood in place when drying to keep pressure on the sides as can take up to 24hrs for the glue to fully cure and to be at it strongest. Glueing two flush pieces of wood together isn’t the strongest option - instead of nails I drill a hole to provide a snug fit for a piece of wooden dowel (wooden sewers work well for this) and with a bit of glue strengthens the joint.

Where have you tried to get plastikote from? As Wickes and also The Range sells Plastikote only in-store - they are both still open locally to me.
ahh okay, thank you!

I have online tried online on wickes and amazon and other DIY shops but none have it. I havent been able to get to the shops recently so couldn't go to wickes but I'll try there when I can find a way to get there. Thanks for your help!
ckristen is offline   Reply With Quote