Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 01:34 PM  
Anya
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New member

Hi to Chocomint and Cyper. Thanks for your messages. Its really good to have contact like this with hamster experts. My hammy - little no name, at present, although I tell him he is the chosen one! - seems happy enough, i.e. he isn't climbing up the walls or chewing the bars, as far as I know. I hardly ever see him now except for quick trips to the water spout. If I see him there I talk softly to him and he stops and looks at me for a bit and then just carries on drinking, then sidles off back go bed. One time he accepted a bit of carrot from me through the bars but other than that he doesn't come out until after I've gone to bed.I know he's up and about then because I can hear him in his wheel.I suppose its early days yet, he's only been with me 3 days.
Yes, although this cage is reckoned to be bigger than the minimum recommended size I agree, its probably ok for now but I can see he ought to have something much bigger. But what? I am self isolating elderly, not in a position to handle a large glass tank. Could possibly assemble a flat pack wooden paw hut or eco thingy (cant remember the name now!) or I'm looking at savic plaza. Not a great deal bigger than the hamster heaven - would it be worth it?
lots of questions. hope that's ok.
Anya is offline   Reply With Quote