View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 08:40 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Ozzy the Lucky Dip hamster

My thread "Pet Shop Policy" explains how Ozzy came to live with us and moved into Percy's former home. I had a chat with Percy about it while i put the washing out this morning.

My OH was a bit put out when i returned with a hamster instead of groceries so soon after our dear Percy had moved to the garden but later agreed that it was better than to look at the cage without Percy in it. Once he saw the hamster he named him Ozzy and we put him in his new home then watched him while talking to him.

Edwina free roamed and displayed some very attention seeking behaviour. Climbing on top of our feet and scurrying about near us instead of zooming around the room like she normally does. She kept wanting to get picked up and sat on my hand for ages with her big ears up, sniffing towards Ozzy's and she never sits still. She must have sensed the newcomer or maybe she was confused because Percy's scent was gone.

I haven't had a proper look at Ozzy yet so i'm not sure that he really is a male. Not sure about his age either but probably three months or a bit more. I'm looking forward to get to know him once he's settled in so have no idea what his personality is like.

I don't have photos yet, only the one in my car transport box on the way home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200515_162040.jpg (2.30 MB, 83 views)

Last edited by Fluffagrams; 05-16-2020 at 12:16 PM.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote