View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 07:15 AM  
ootchia
Newborn Pup

Smile Re: natural cage queries 🌿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
The Kaytee clean&cozy in natural and camo looks good in a natural set up. Rosewood does millet sprays called pick n' fly in a pack for under £4 so works out cheaper than the Rodipet ones.
I also quite like the ceramic mushroom hides by Wundapet and the 55cm long Trixie bendy ladders.
An inexpensive option for platforms are the Ferplast guinea pig houses for around a tenner submerged into the substrate. I leave the front panel off so the hamster can burrow into it.
It looks nice to line a wall with a boredom breaker mat but saying that, my dwarf has learned to climb them.

It's so much fun to do a natural set up because there is so much available.
Thank you, I’m really enjoying designing the cage as there’s a lot available now that I’ve looked. My friend who had a hamster is giving me her wooden toys has a bendy bridge and a wooden hut. She is also giving me her cage (which I feel is too small as it is, sadly, commercial but could makes great travel cage) and her Johnson’s Clean ‘n’ Safe Animal Disinfectant. I’m slightly apprehensive to take it but she’s giving the whole thing for a low cost.
ootchia is offline   Reply With Quote