View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 07:08 AM  
ootchia
Newborn Pup

Smile Re: natural cage queries 🌿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Agree with Cypher about not using coir. You can use more than one type of substrate -in fact it can add variety as different textures. Hemp bedding is a good choice for a natural look and doesn't work out too expensive as it's quite a big bag. Hugro hemp on Zooplus is a good one. I couldn't use it unfortunately as it set off hayfever type thing with me. So you could have that in one area and Kaytee CC in another area (maybe the house end as it's softer).

Yes as above, Rodipet do ship to the uk. In fact they have a uk website so you don't have to translate things - it still ships from Germany though. I can highly recommend their cork logs and tunnels- not just a tunnel but an interesting texture to climb over and can double up as a ramp up to a platform if placed partly under the platform - so it's like a tunnel leading under the platform. The medium and large sizes are best as the extra height is good for climbing over/ramp. For either a dwarf or syrian.

I also love their houses - I prefer the labyrinth houses - both for Dwarf and Syrian hamsters and they sell the legs with them so you can support it underneath and they can burrow down. The labyrinth houses double up as a good extra platform/level. The ones with the terracotta dishes on top are good as it's then a food dish as well. I also get the granite tile they sell for putting under the water bottle - helps keep their claws in trim - you find that at the bottom of the granite house section.

For a syrian I would definitely go with the large labyrinth house - I find the granite ones don't work quite as well for a syrian as the rooms aren't as big.

If you're looking for a free standing platform for a tank style cage, Getzoo do excellent ones in different sizes and different heights.

Rodipet 's uk website here

https://www.rodipet.co.uk/
Thank you! Do you have hay fever anyway? Because I do and I don’t know if that will be an issue. I’m not allergic to animals, thankfully.
ootchia is offline   Reply With Quote