View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 02:14 PM  
LittleBoo245
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Stressed during playtime

Hello all this is my first post
So I have a russian hamster called Artemis who has been living with me for a week now. I did lots of research and got a large cage, she seems very happy in it. I left her alone for the first few days so she could adjust.
The taming does not seem to be going well and any advice anyone can give I would really appreciate. I tried feeding her from my hand and she just completely ignored me or would nip. I have seen that play pens can be good so I took her out into a smaller cardboard box with a few of her toys and she runs round like she is possessed. She climbs on everything and jumps like she is trying to get out and doesn't care when she lands. I have taken her out in this four times, the first few she was getting more curious about me and my hand and started taking a little bit of food. I thought maybe she would get used to it but I think I will stop as, today she was worse than ever, I don't want her to be stressed.
She has started biting me, and each time she does it she gets harder. She does not seem to be scared, I think it is more with stress in the playpen but I don't really know how else to interact with her. I have seen bath tub bonding is a thing but I don't have a bathtub.
Should I just leave her in her cage and hope that eventually she will get used to me? I have heard that gloves are not good as hamsters get used to your scent.
Here is a picture of her. Any advice I would really appreciate!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200512_124759.jpg (4.13 MB, 19 views)
LittleBoo245 is offline   Reply With Quote