View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 05:10 PM  
Nika
Newborn Pup

Question Bar chewing an monkeybaring in a detolf?

I posted recently in housing about enrichment advice for an active syrian in housing. I have been adding more and more things to her cage since, including hides, a sandbath, millet sprays, etc, and she has a 28cm wooden wheel (I believe it's the Karlie Wonderland one but it's hard to tell as I bought it years ago) which is working perfectly fine.
Whenever I put something new in her cage, she plays with it for a bit, then goes back to her chew corners where she bites the mesh on the lid and monkeybars on it as well. I have been trying to cover these corners with cardboard to stop her from chewing on the bars, because I don't want her to damage herself (and it's also a very annoying noise). She chews on the cardboard instead, then once she's done with it she goes for the bars again (even though I have even put a bit of olive oil on them).
I am completely clueless as to what to do. She seems to be trying to escape desperately and nothing occupies her, even after playtime outside her cage. Any ideas as to what the problem could be? I'm concerned for her and I want her to feel comfortable and entertained in her cage.
Nika is offline   Reply With Quote