View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 03:39 PM  
Petite
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Changing Sleep Pattern to Avoid Me

It's not likely she is changing her schedule just to avoid you, but perhaps responding to her environment. It's just a guess, but if you are staying up to get to see her, are you keeping the lights on? If so, that might confuse her as she might think it's "too early" to be up. To be honest, I would recommend making sure that your schedule suits YOU first, and then see if you can encourage Presley to wake up a bit earlier. If you can tempt her out with some quality time and a few treats, she might realise that it's worth getting up for and begin to get used to being up earlier for a short while.
My Freya gets up late evening just for a wee while, has supper (or breakfast) and then naps under her bridge. So she's not up for very long, and does most of her hamstering later on, but we do get to see her.
I'm wondering how long you've had her, and how old she is? If she's quite young, her schedule could well be changing naturally as she grows. It's good that she still lets you pet her, so she must trust you doing that. Could it be the way you are trying to pick her up? She might feel more secure if you cup your hands around her - if you can do that without her taking your fingers off!
Petite is offline   Reply With Quote