View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 04:19 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: My winter white dwarf isnt eating solid( hard ) foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulina View Post
the water bottle works , its in a dry place no bedding under (its a plastic surface and i see him drinking form the floor as it drips just never really reaching up to it...
I'd give him a water bowl as well. Some hamsters prefer to drink from a bowl. I use a glass tealight. The water needs changing daily or at least every second day.

Did you cut the cucumber into tiny little pieces?

I wouldn't move his things inside his cage too much to look for pee. One of my dwarfs pees way down in the substrate and because she's so small i only ever come across a small clump of dried up substrate when i spot clean every few weeks. No idea where my tiny Robo pees because it seems to evaporate.

You could give him a bit of plain porridge for extra nourishment.

I'd put him into a different room if you can and see how that goes. He may have been bullied by his sibling and hamsters are very sensitive creatures so may still be recovering and adjusting to his new and happier life.
He is lucky to be your hamster and to have a human who cares so much about him.

What kind of hamster mix do you feed him or is it pellets only? I give my dwarfs the Rodipet hybrid dwarf mix which is small textured. You could also give him millet sprays to nibble on. The bird ones are fine and the Rosewood pick n' fly bird/small animal variety pack is great. Linseeds are good for their fur and because the seeds are tiny they lick them up. Maybe this kind of added enrichment food would encourage him to take more interest in food without being handfed by you.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote