View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 06:20 PM  
Corbeens
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Giant African Land Snails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post
GALs and honestly probably all snails actually like to be interacted with most of the time. Snails born in captivity are more likely to be comfortable with people though obviously. A lot of them even like to be pet! They're honestly like most other pets in a lot of ways- they have their own funky little personalities.

I keep several cepaea nemoralis I found outside because sadly here in Canada GALs are illegal. I've actually raised a few babies from the original ones too. One of them I've named Tomato and they're super friendly. They like to crawl on me whenever they can and bump into my fingers until I pet them. I found them in a garden with a heavily damaged shell and nursed them back to health so I think they recognize that I'm not dangerous <3.
That's such a nice story I used to be grossed out by snails but my little sister brought me around lol, her snail is the Achatina Achatina. Both of our snails are captive bred (I made sure) I think one of them is first generation and the other is second or third.
Corbeens is offline   Reply With Quote