Thread: Hello i am new
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 06:37 PM  
Paulina
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hello i am new

Update

So its day 3 with my furry friends , thye squabble from time to time but it doesnt look aggressive . I got the second cage connected to the first one i had and now its the first night I actually see and hear one of the hamsters active ( he has been running in his wheel for an hour now....his name is Sparky and he is very active see him even during the day venturing out and exploring but he is still very scared of me, he comes and smells my hand nibbles on my fingers ( not aggressively at all just as if he was trying if it was food ) ...
My second hamster Snowball ( kids named them) is very friendly he has been walking on us since yesterday eats form our hands and its very social. But when ye is in the cage he sits in the house at all times, he wont come out he even pees in there i have cleaned it today what looks like he isnt getting out almost at all. Even now as Sparky is running like a crazy snowball is nowhere to be seen ... is that normal that one is more active than other ... could it be that sparky is dominant and scares snowball thus he isn't coming out ? Almost everytime i see him out he goes straigh to sparky and goes on his back showing his submission.... they groom each other and then go their way ... they still sleep together most of the time ... not sure whay to do should i separate them ? Or give them few more days to get used to their new home ??! They are both winter white Campbell dwarfs
Paulina is offline   Reply With Quote